apr. 15 ; happy three months y&nl! to celebrate, here's a brand spanking new skin!
welcome to young & in love, a brand new sandbox roleplay for your writing needs! we can't wait to have you join and enjoy this site with us, and if you have any questions whatsoever don't hesitate to let us know. please register your account name in all lowercase letters (example: harry potter), and don't forget to check out our rules and the newbie guide to get yourself started!

topic
poll

// wonderstruck, #kam — blana
ryla posted Jun 9 2018, 01:23 AM
penumbra
player
alias:
ryla
player
player
pronouns:
she/her
time
zone:
pacific
maturity
disclaimer:
2 innocent
126 posts
3175 pts
ryla's triggersdon't really have any triggers but not gonna write the sex tbh
ryla
i'm super new to sandbox anything so i have no idea what i'm doing. essentially a baby who will probably ask a whole lot of dumb questions. sorry in advance
she's sitting next to the new boy. this is mostly because when she arrives a few minutes before the first bell, he's already sitting in her seat. the informal seating plan was set practically in stone on the first day of the school year, and altering it now would be out of the question if she were literally anyone else. but analiese kyla rose lets it slide. it's the closest desk to where mr sommers sits before class at the side of the room, after all, and nobody ever took the seat next to it. so she just takes a chair from the stacks at the back of the room and sets it next to the new kid's.

"hi," she says, a little abruptly. she tucks a blonde curl behind her ear; it doesn't stay, simply springs back nearly immediately. ignoring this, she straightens her binder so its edges are perfectly parallel with the edges of the desk. "um, i'm ana."

mr sommers sweeps back into the room with a stack of photocopies for his first-block class. "oh, good, you've already met," he grins, interrupting before the new kid can introduce himself in return. he shows all his teeth when he talks sometimes. "miss rose – i was wondering if you might be able to show blue here around the school today. he's only just moved here from seattle, and i thought you'd be a good guide...?" her homeroom teacher does this, too – she began to notice it in ninth grade when she had him for social studies. trails off and tries to make what he's saying come off like a question, even if it isn't really a choice.

of course, it's not like she minds. she's showed new kids around before. last spring, she gave the eighth-graders from the local middle school group tours, to get them semi-acquainted with the building before making the leap into high school. all the teachers know her, she gets good grades, she makes space for extracurricular activities whenever she's not at the dance studio. her demeanour is typically a little quiet, soft-spoken, slightly awkward, but she's friendly. she's an obvious choice for this task – she and mr sommers both know it. nodding, she begins to twist that same stubborn curl around her index finger. "yeah, sure, i can do that."

for kamithy xo
kamithy posted Jun 9 2018, 04:34 AM
penumbra
player
alias:
kam
player
player
pronouns:
he/him/his
time
zone:
pst
maturity
disclaimer:
yes pls
32 posts
750 pts
kam's triggerssexual assault & graphic self harm
kamithy
ryla said i could put anything here so: anything.
trigger warning: death mention

he always sits in the seat closest to the teacher. it was something his mother had engrained in him from a young age. to be near the teacher. in case anything ever came up that required their immediate help and attention. it wasn't such a big issue anymore, what with the hormone blockers that prevented puberty from kicking in, and the actual hormone therapy that had given him the growth spurt, an adam's apple, and a voice that finally stopped cracking at around fifteen years old. also the beard. in the last year his facial hair growth had practically exploded onto his face. it was to the point where, they didn't even bother to tell anyone. legally all his paperwork had been taken care of, for all other people knew, his name had always been blue aedan macaulay. maybe part of him just wanted to hold onto something his mother had taught him. it was only natural, she'd only died a few months ago. it was natural, wasn't it, to want to hold on? of course it was.

he didn't notice when the stunningly beautiful girl walked in, mainly because he was so busy staring at his hands, so when she pulled up her chair and spoke, he turned his head suddenly, visibly startled. all he managed was a soft laugh and a nervous smile, too caught up in the blue of her eyes to gather his thoughts and form a sentence. the teacher was back in the room before he can speak, and even though he recognizes that he should look at the professor while he's talking, he can't. his gaze focuses on ana the entire time, taking in the stunning blue of her eyes, the cute, unruly curl in her hair. she's speaking again then, index finger toying with one of her curls, and he smiles, rubbing his hand against the knuckles of his other one. "well you know now, but. i'm blue. it's nice to meet you."

for a moment he contemplates offering her his hand, but instead pulls both of them into his lap instead, eyes closing for a brief moment. a few seconds later he realizes that it would be smart for him to show her his schedule, so he lifts his backpack onto the desk, opening it up to pull out the paper the office had given to him when he arrived. gently, he lays the paper down flat on the desk, placing it right in the middle of the desk so they can both look at it. "thanks, for helping me." he speaks in quiet voice, not quite shy, but definitely avoiding bringing more attention to the two of them. as if they needed it, sitting in the front of the class.

for ryla xo
ryla posted Jun 10 2018, 07:47 PM
penumbra
player
alias:
ryla
player
player
pronouns:
she/her
time
zone:
pacific
maturity
disclaimer:
2 innocent
126 posts
3175 pts
ryla
i'm super new to sandbox anything so i have no idea what i'm doing. essentially a baby who will probably ask a whole lot of dumb questions. sorry in advance
he smiles, an awkward, nervous sort of curve to his lips that ana immediately feels a connection to. there are two kinds of people in high school, she thinks: the ones who are sure of themselves and the ones who aren't. she's one who isn't, and therefore, she tends to get along best with the people who fall on that side of the equation, too. straying across that line seems ill-advised, even if she's pretty sure her best friend resides there.

as mr sommers turns away, the boy – blue, right? she's never met someone named after a colour before – speaks. "well, you know now, but. i'm blue." he pauses here, then adds, like the good kind of guys whose parents have taught them manners do, "it's nice to meet you." almost as an afterthought, he tugs a sheet of paper from his backpack. the corner is bent, and analiese presses her index finger over it, smoothing it out carefully. her nails are painted a crimson red, though it's chipped in some places and she'll have to redo it. "thanks," says blue, drawing her attention back again. "for helping me."

"yeah, of course. no problem." ana smiles, wondering where the line between just enough smiling and too much smiling is. she doesn't want to creep him out, or make him think it's fake, but she also wants to make him feel welcome. maybe if she was the other type of high school student, she would know how to find that balance.

more people are beginning to come into the classroom now, dropping their binders with loud thuds on their desktops and making conversation, just enough noise to give ana some cover to look over the new boy's class schedule. the main topic of discussion in the knot of people closest to them seems to be the party bryan crossman threw on the weekend. nobody tries to talk to ana about it, which is just fine by her. she only went because john did. he drove one way, she drove the other, the norm for parties when it comes to them.

analiese taps the first box on blue's schedule. "so we've got math together," she tells him, then moves to point to the bottom of the page. "and social studies, too." the rest of their classes are separate, but some of them are close enough to where she's supposed to be that she can ensure the boy gets to the right rooms. besides, enough staff members in this school trust ana that even for third block, when she's supposed to be in english upstairs and blue is supposed to be in the science wing, she's pretty sure her teacher won't have a problem with her being a couple minutes late. still, she should probably ask mr sommers if he can send out a quick email notifying her teachers, anyway. "so you're from seattle?"

for kamithy xo
kamithy posted Jun 11 2018, 12:35 AM
penumbra
player
alias:
kam
player
player
pronouns:
he/him/his
time
zone:
pst
maturity
disclaimer:
yes pls
32 posts
750 pts
kamithy
he can't help the way he stares at her hands as she fixes the bent corner of his schedule. he files it away in the back of his mind as a reminder to keep things a little tidier, if only to help her in someway. as she speaks, his eyes lift to her face, and he smiles as she does. his mouth opens before he can stop himself. "you have a really beautiful smile." blue's eyes widen just slightly as he realizes what he said, and his face flushes, cheeks darkening as he allows his eyes to dart away.

other students filing in is his excuse to turn away from ana for a moment, willing the heat in his face to simmer away. the conversations going on around them aren't interesting to him however, so he quickly focuses on the blonde again, resting one hand on the edge of the desk. he nods gently, smiling again a little nervously. "oh, how lucky. a friendly face is always nice." he smiles, despite how stupid he feels saying it. it comes a little easier, the nerves edging away bit by bit. still, as he looks over the schedule, he has some doubts about how lucky they would be for all of his classes to be even remotely near all of hers.

she's speaking before he can say anything however, and he nods gently. "yes. born and raised. have you ever, been there?" his gaze darts away for a moment, hands pressing together on the edge of the table. he bites his lower lip for a moment, before tapping the edge of his schedule. "i'm, not going to make you late during any of the others am i?" he pauses a moment, passes his free hand through his hair, longing for the ability to put his pink snapback on again. "you can just like, give me a map if you have to. i'm a fast learner." he smiles again, a little brighter this time.

for ryla xo
ryla posted Jun 11 2018, 01:54 AM
penumbra
player
alias:
ryla
player
player
pronouns:
she/her
time
zone:
pacific
maturity
disclaimer:
2 innocent
126 posts
3175 pts
ryla
"you have a really beautiful smile," blue tells her, quite suddenly. he doesn't even wait to see the pink tinge ana's cheeks, his own eyes widening before he turns abruptly away from her. still, she can see a little colour flood into his skin, too. she doesn't have time to say thank you before he recovers (that makes one of them, right?) and looks back at her. he's got a nice smile, too, though she's feeling too awkward after remaining silent to try to return the compliment. "oh, how lucky. a friendly face is always nice."

she sort of regrets asking about seattle. it's a common question for new kids in any school, she's pretty sure, but do people ever think about how it makes them feel, bringing up their former homes? is it ever painful, to think about the entire life they've left behind? but blue doesn't seem to be the right candidate to test this theory on; he seems practically unaffected as he answers. "yes, born and raised. have you ever been there?"

analiese shakes her head. her curls bounce a little as she does. the only way to stop this is to straighten her hair, which is a painstakingly long process and john doesn't like, anyway. "no, never. i've been to vancouver, but that's as close as i've gotten."

the boy drums his fingers on the edge of his schedule, right where the paper meets the wood of the desk's surface. "i'm... not going to make you late during any of the others, am i?" ana shrugs, as if to say, it doesn't matter. being a few minutes late to her classes for a day in her last year of high school isn't going to affect her straight-a's-minus-gym record, and she's sure mr sommers won't mind reassuring any teachers with questions. "you can just, like, give me a map, if you have to," blue grins. "i'm a fast learner."

"it's okay, i don't mind," promises ana. the last bell rings, and another wave of students start to filter through the doorway. "trust me, it's way better if you have someone who knows where to go 'til you know the best routes. 'sides, i don't have a map, unless the office ladies gave you one." she smiles brightly back at him. you have a really beautiful smile, he echoes in her head, and then mr sommers is gesturing for everyone to be quiet as the announcements crackle over the loudspeaker. dutifully, analiese pays attention, her only movement to pick at a piece of chipped nail polish until a red flake of it falls to the floor. the other students around them are putting last-minute touches on homework for the day, but ana's binder remains closed neatly in front of her, everything already completed. mr sommers takes attendance, and twenty minutes later, the unified sound of thirty chairs being pushed back fills the room. standing, ana gestures toward the door. "ready for math?"

for kamithy xo
kamithy posted Jun 15 2018, 10:06 PM
penumbra
player
alias:
kam
player
player
pronouns:
he/him/his
time
zone:
pst
maturity
disclaimer:
yes pls
32 posts
750 pts
kamithy
it's as she's talking about the fact that the only map he could have would be the one the woman who gave him his schedule handed him one right along with it. he realized she was right, that they had given him one, and he probably should have taken that out right alongside his schedule. his eyes opened wide at the realization, and he smiled back at her, watching the way her lips moved to frame her teeth. then mr. sommers started gesturing for everyone to pay attention, so he reluctantly turned his head to the front, keeping one hand laid over his schedule. definitely not because he wanted to let his arm linger near ana's. of course not.

as the announcements continue, his gaze drifts back to ana, watching how quiet she sits, takes note of the fact that she, unlike other students around them, didn't need to work on homework due later today. he smiled at the idea, turning his gaze back to the front when mr. sommers started taking attendance. it meant they had something else in common. the first being the whole, kind of quiet and shy thing. unless he misread her and the kind of aura she was giving off. he wouldn't be surprised really. sometimes he wasn't as good at reading people as he thought he was. the sound of his name drew his hand upwards, voice clear as he predictably said, 'present' instead of here. it probably drew some eyes to him, but he didn't bother to look, only glancing away to look at ana again.

he stood up when she did, slinging his bag onto his shoulder and quickly picking up his schedule. carefully, to avoid bending any of the corners again. laughing softly, he looked at her with a slightly more relaxed expression. "who's ever really ready for math." he chuckled again, carefully reaching into his bag to pull his snapback out, shaking it out a little, and placing it backwards onto his head. he relaxed a little more with the pink item on his head, his smile a little wider. "actually, i'm kind of good at math so i guess i am ready. unless you canadians are more advanced than us americans, then i'm screwed." as they walked, he stayed as close to ana as he could, eyes focused on her even as he dropped his hand from his head. it was quick, the way his fingers brushed against her hand, but he flushed a soft red, clearing his throat a little abruptly and shoving his hand into his pocket. "i bet you guys are huh. everything is always more advanced in canada."

for ryla xo
ryla posted Jun 16 2018, 07:55 PM
penumbra
player
alias:
ryla
player
player
pronouns:
she/her
time
zone:
pacific
maturity
disclaimer:
2 innocent
126 posts
3175 pts
ryla
blue stands, picking up his schedule gingerly like he's afraid to damage it. "who's ever really ready for math?" he jokes, pulling a brightly-coloured snapback and setting it on his head. it suits him, she thinks, makes him seem more relaxed. she's not sure if that's because of the casual nature of the hat or simply because some of the tension seeps out of his shoulders once it's in place. "actually," he adds as an afterthought, just a step behind analiese as she moves out into the hallway, "i'm kind of good at math, so i guess i am ready. unless you canadians are more advanced than us americans. then i'm screwed."

she hardly notices the way the backs of his fingers brush accidentally against hers. that is, she does, technically speaking, but she makes a concentrated effort not to react, even as the boy abruptly moves his hand away again. he tries to cover up the whole thing by rambling on slightly, "i bet you guys are, huh. everything is always more advanced in canada."

"oh, i don't know about that," answers analiese, allowing a soft laugh as they turn a corner. the stairs are crowded, and she guides blue to the right side with a light touch at his elbow. "the math wing's downstairs," she explains as they descend. "the stairs will be like this pretty much between every block, and you wanna stick on this side. it's smoother. we've got ms pang, she's pretty good. second-last door on the right. seating's assigned so we'll, uh, find out where she wants you." the classroom is filling up steadily, and ana leads the way to the teacher's desk in the front corner. she offers the woman a bright smile. "hey, ms pang, how was your weekend? um, this is blue. he's new."

for kamithy xo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options
topic
poll

affiliate with us
RPG-D